- Today, electronic communications market is a joint market of telecommunications and media
- underlined Magdalena Gaj, the President of the Office of Electronic Communications in her inaugurating speech at the XVI Telecommunications World Symposium.
A tradition of meeting during the Symposium became a chance for integration of the representatives of central administration, the regulator, non-governmental organisations and key companies linked to the new technologies sector. As the participants of debates and discussion panels on the development of telecommunications sector and cooperating markets have mentioned, the Symposium has been a platform for dialogue and understanding between particular participants of the telecommunications market.
Poland is one of those EU countries in which development of the telecommunications market and services is very dynamic, but a huge emphasis on investment is required to keep the leader's position.
- The market has been directed at the services based on very fast and mobile Internet access. Now, introduction of the fifth generation (5G) mobile systems will have an impact on the development of mobile services -
underlined President Gaj - In the future this technology will support video services of a very high resolution, applications with low latency in real time and will contribute to the development of the Internet of Things.
It is regulators' role to notice technological changes, asses, control and coexist on the market, but the consumer has to be the most important at all times, as noted the participants of the debate.
- In order for this offer to reach as many consumers as possible we have to dynamically develop mobile networks and increase data transmission
- said President Gaj in her statement.
Speed, neutrality, mobility and possibility of instant interaction should be the most important development generators in the modern electronic communications market, i.e. telecommunications and media.