On 14 January 2015 an award ceremony of certificates granted by the President of UKE took place at the Office of Electronic Communications. The winners of this year's edition included: Orange Polska, UPC Polska, CenterNet, FOSET Paweł Szubczyński and panwybierak.pl.
The certificates granted by the President of the Office of Electronic Communications are aimed at supporting equal and effective competition on the telecommunications services market, as well as ensuring the best protection of users against abuse.
- The certificates of the President of UKE, that have been awarded for several years, constitute a "quality stamp" that is important for both subscribers and telecommunications undertakings
- said Magdalena Gaj, the President of the Office of Electronic Communications. - The goal of the certification programme of telecommunications services is to promote behaviours that aim not only at the sales of services, but in which also the concern for customer to whom the service is dedicated is visible. Providing simple tools to facilitate various groups finding themselves in a tangle of new technologies is equally important
- added the President of UKE.
The certification programme serves mainly to draw attention of entrepreneurs and all users to the most important challenges in the telecommunications and new technology sector. These include i.a. safe use of the Internet network, the need to support and improve digital literacy of people over 50, as well as to increase access to clear information about the available offers.
Having analysed the submitted requests, the President of UKE Magdalena Gaj decided to grant the Certificate of the President of UKE for 2015 to the following companies:
- I would like to cordially congratulate representatives of all the awarded companies and I wish you that the idea of strengthening competitiveness, and thus the position of consumer, and providing the highest quality of service shall guide you always and be the basic principle of your activity
- in the Safe Internet category; Orange Polska S.A. and UPC Polska Sp. z o.o.;
- in the Senior category: CenterNet S.A.;
- in the Offer Comparison Website category: FOSET Paweł Szubczyński and panwybierak.pl Sp. z o.o.
- said Magdalena Gaj, the President of UKE, during the award ceremony. Commitments for the winners of the Certificate of the President of UKE for 2015
Orange Polska S.A. and UPC Polska Sp. z o.o. provide Internet access services in accordance with the requirements for the Certificate of the President of UKE in the Safe Internet category, ensuring the highest level of security, in particular protection of children and the youth.
CenterNet S.A. provides telecommunications services in accordance with the requirements for the Certificate of the President of UKE in the Senior category, i.e. providing equal opportunities and increasing the activity of elderly people in access to telecommunications services.
Whereas companies: FOSET Paweł Szubczyński and panwybierak.pl Sp. z o.o. - ensure the possibility of comparing the telecommunications services offers in the services of, respectively - www.CyfrowyDoradca.pl
, pursuant to the standards establiseh by the President of UKE in the certification programme.
In the Safe Internet
category, the companies Orange Polska and UPC Polska have committed themselves to:
- organize information classes at schools about the risks and violence on the network;
- provide manuals on how to safely introduce children to the Internet, in electronic and paper forms, addressed to parents and children;
- provide an e-mail address to which users may sent questions about safety on the net and assistance in case of risks on the net;
- provide tools that prevent minors from accessing adult content (filtering programmes, antivirus and antispam software).
In the Senior
category CenterNet committed itself to:
- develop a dedicated offer for clients in the 50+ age group and to offer special telephone handsets for seniors;
- provide a hotline for technical support of users of telecommunications services and mobile phones;
- organize training sessions addressed to elderly people and to provide telecommunications service users with the "Manual for seniors" in electronic and paper forms;
- apply a bar on Premium Rate services and to provide that service at an explicit request of interested consumers (in case of problems with service activation to assist the client throughout the whole activation process by means of a dedicated hotline);
- provide each user with the possibility to test a handset dedicated for senior citizens during 10 days before the purchase,
- offer telecommunications devices with additional facilities for the elderly people, such as large keys, a simple keypad menu or an SOS function.
In the Offer Comparison Website
category, companies FOSET Paweł Szubczyński and panwybierak.pl Sp. z o.o. committed themselves to, respectively:
How to get a certificate of the President of UKE
- offer the possibility to compare digital TV bundles (FOSET Paweł Szubczyński) and the TV, fixed Internet, mobile Internet, fixed telephony, mobile telephony offers as well as bundled offers (panwybierak.pl Sp. z o.o.) in a reliable and accurate manner, which complies with the requirements of the President of UKE for independent telecommunications price comparison tools,
- inform the President of UKE of any changes in the number of compared service providers indicating in detail the service providers affected by the changes (in the case of limiting the number of compared service providers to provide detailed reasons for such action),
- inform the President of UKE of new functionalities on the website and the dates of implemented updates as well as on any amendments to the website rules and regulations, if applicable.
The certificates of the President of UKE are granted for the period of the current calendar year. The programme comprises three categories of certificates: Safe Internet, Senior and Offer Comparison Website.
The process of request submission and the conditions of participation are laid out in detail in the Rules for each category of the Certificate of the President of UKE.
The requests may be submitted by 30 September each year preceding the year for which a certificate should be granted (e.g. to be granted certificate for 2016 one has to submit request by 30 September 2015). The request shall be considered within 90 days from its submission at the latest. After positive verification of the request, the Applicant shall be informed about it and invited to awarding the Certificate by the President of UKE.
Telecommunications undertakings that were granted Certificates have the obligation to submit a report on the implementation of the programme rules to the President of UKE. The President of UKE retains the right to verify compliance with conditions for a given Certificate, in particular in case UKE receives signals from consumers about possible problems. In such a case the President of UKE may request the certified entity to provide explanations or to order an audit (or conduct it itself) of the certified entity within the said scope.