The President of UKE informs about the designation of operator to provide universal services and the start and end date of the performance of the designated operator’s duties.
On 30th June 2015 the President of UKE issued the decision on the designation of operator to provide universal services in the period from 2016 until 2025 in which the start and end date of the provision of universal services was determined. The decision was declared immediately enforceable. The President of UKE made the choice having regard to the following:
1. ensuring the continued provision of universal services;
2. ensuring the required indicators of routing times of mail and the availability of universal services;
3. the cost of the provision of universal services declared by postal operator;
4. ensuring the profitability of the provision of universal services;
5. duties of the designated operator, including the ones performed for defence purposes, security of state or security and public order;
6. economic and technical capacity of postal operator to provide universal services.
It should be indicated that according to the provisions of the Postal Law, operator is designated for the period of 10 years by the President of UKE by means of a decision, from amongst postal operators selected in the contest announced by the President of UKE.
The contest for the designation of postal operator to provide universal services for the period from 2016 until 2025 was announced by the President of UKE on 30th December 2014.
On 14th April 2015 the President of UKE published the list of participants of the contest who submitted their offers on time.
On 20th May 2015 the President of UKE announced the results
of the contest and stated that, as a result of the examination of the offers in the first stage of the procedure, only one offer of Poczta Polska S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw was qualified for the second stage of the procedure; in the second stage it achieved 210.00 points out of 220.00 points possible to obtain.
Detailed information, including the non-confidential version of the decision, is available in the attached files (Polish version