Internet is now one of the greatest assets we can use. It gives access to knowledge, entertainment and services. The speed and ease with which it is possible to make new virtual contacts are its advantages, but apart from learning and entertainment the Internet also creates certain risks. The President of the Office of Electronic Communications has launched a campaign promoting children's safety on the net under the motto "My smartphone, my little world - I click sensibly".
Parents! Take care of your children's privacy on the net:
- draw children's attention to the protection of their privacy when using the Internet,
- make sure that the photos published are available only to those they are intended for
- make the child aware that contacts with strangers can be dangerous - you never know if the person you are in contact with is really the one he/she claims to be.
Parental control software was developed to support children's safety.
Parents! Use the possibilities that are available with dedicated software!
- define the time limit for your children to log onto the computer. For instance, you can allow children to log onto the Internet between specific hours,
- control access to games, define the age rating level. Appropriate software will allow you to select the types of content to be blocked, allow certain games or block them,
- use control options that block software which should not be used by children.
Until recently such protection has been available only for normal software systems. Now it is possible to protect mobile equipment, such as smartphones or tablets, in a similar way.
To ensure that users - including first and foremost children and the youth - are protected against abuse and crime on the net, the President of the Office of Electronic Communications grants certificates in the following certificates: Safe Internet and Junior.
One of the conditions to be met by the telecommunications undertaking in order to obtain a certificate of the President of UKE in the category Safe Internet is making available the tools that protect the computer and access to content for adults free of charge.
More information at www.uke.gov.pl
and Centrum Informacji Konsumenckiej
- 801 900 853, 22 534 91 74.
As part of the campaign "My smartphone, my little world - I click sensibly" two lessons for 120 pupils were held in the Primary School No. 3 in Biała Podlaska. The meetings inaugurated a series of lessons conducted by representatives of UKE as part of the educational and information campaign of the President of the Office of Electronic Communications targeted at children, parents and guardians on the safe use of the Internet and phone by the youngest users called "My smartphone, my little world - I click sensibly".
More information on the campaign and the meeting in Biała Podlaska is available at UKE internet websites.